April 7, 2020
Dear All Angels’ Family,
- All the additional cyber security we added to our Zoom protocols created hurdles and angst for families trying to log in on tight timeframes; we’ve got to do better. On the other hand, we weren’t zoom-bombed.
- One can learn techniques and get better at hosting Zoom calls.
- Kids are just as curious on Zoom as in person. This week we fielded questions like how come the Annunciation comes after Christmas, how did Jesus create things before he was born, how are God and Jesus the same.
- This year, waiting for Easter might bear more resemblance to the kind of waiting the disciples experienced.
- Working with partners is absolutely critical: for redundancy, for breadth of skill, for human connection.
- I miss all the ways children and youth aren’t engaged in Holy Week activities like acolytes, Footsteps, stage managing the foot washing, carrying the cross, hiding Easter eggs, and on and on.
- I’m frustrated trying to learn iMovie editing fast enough to show you fun clips of our children’s Zoom gatherings.
GIFT 1: Eric Alderfer has been recording some of his best songs for the children. Check out this one with foot washing.
GIFT 2: Sarah Baggs Eastwood reminds me that children would be bringing the “Alleluia’s” back on Easter, if we were “home.” Second best? print this sheet, rip up the Alleluia’s and put in an envelope with your child’s name on it. We will open them together at Easter Morning’s Zoom Children’s Worship.
Use this link to log in to zoom Children’s Worship on Easter Sunday, 9:30 AM: https://zoom.us/j/753279480
I have disengaged any required passwords and will admit you to our room when I recognize your “knock on my waiting room door.”
There will not be Children’s Night Time Prayers on Thursday so that we all may attend Maundy Thursday services together. A special treat for children is embedded within the service. Plus, I told children I would “chat” with them in the facebook livestream chat box.
Neither Sunday School nor Youth Group meet on Easter Sunday.
Click here for link toContact Form. Help the Covid 19 Response Team connect you to neighbors!